Our client MSD Animal Health was looking for a passive solution for shipping rabies vaccines into a hostile and hazardous location in Eritrea. It concerned approximately 80.000 doses of live-saving animal medication.
A number of factors complicated the situation:
- No possibility to retrieve active solution
- Required duration of up to 10 days at 2-8°C
- Potential delays at climatically hostile environments
- No availability of temperature controlled storage in transit
- No product stability < 0°C
Exam developed and Extended Range Pallet shipper:
BASED ON EXAM'S BEST-SELLING 1200L MONOBLOC PALLET SHIPPER
- Made from polyurethane (60 mm thick walls)
- Reusable & recyclable
- Extremely robust (crush weight of +4.000 kgs)
- No air bridges
- Drop shock & puncture resistant
- Water resistant
SOLUTION PRODUCED TO WITHSTAND EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND HARSH CONDITIONS
TESTED & APPROVED BY EXAM R&D TEAM AND MSD ANIMAL HEALTH
- Using Exam's modelling & testing facility in Achêne, BE
- Powered by Exam's Food Grade gel packs
- Patented technology to extend duration
DESIGN OF UNIQUE PACKING PROTOCOL
- Complementing training program
- Delivered at client location by Exam
- ISO 9001 compliant
Eventually, the shipment only took a bit over 4 days, but the shipper was exposed to outside temperature variations between +4,9°C and +63,6°C. The temperature inside the shipper remained between +4,0°C and +7,3°C at all times.
The Exam Extended Range Pallet Shipper can offer an alternative for active solutions and offer a solution for shipments to hostile locations with long durations.
This shipper also overcomes the challenges of reverse logistics, as it is recyclable and can easily be repurposed on location.